Saturday, August 1, 2009

Colon Cleanse

Dan and I are doing a colon cleansing program my in-laws got for us. Dan was told it would help us out because his parents liked it so much and I wasn't told anything about it beyond that they wanted to talk to us about getting it. That's the last I heard about it until we got the box in the mail.

The stuff was ordered and came... and it's a freaking lot of pills to take! 10 pills, 5 times a day so it's 50 pills a day! And these aren't little tiny pills - they are HUGE capsule horsepills. Disgusting. Although neither of us WANT to do it, we are doing it because we don't feel like we should waste the money spent on it.

We were told to read the booklet that came with the program, and while there is some good stuff in it, it basically reads like propoganda to me. It's all about selling the product right down to saying "Don't go to the hospital if you have appendicitis" to saying this program can cure cancer. Hmm... I'm not sure I believe all that. But it can only do good to be cleaned out.

The program is only 5 days, so I may update with how I feel after I finish. I started yesterday. So far, I feel bloated, stuffed, and drowned in all the water and pills that have to be taken. The constipation from yesterday has been a little less today, but still not feeling all that well. My hubby feels the same way. Hopefully it will get better!

2 comments:

*Aliese* said...

I remember Heather doing one of these a while back. Hopefully you'll have better results than she did!

Vivian Guest said...

Personally any "cleanse" scares me. I guess things could always be better, but I figure if I'm doing just fine why should I mess with it?