Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sabbatical, Moving, and Life

This blog is kind of scattered, but my brain is going in about a million directions right now. So…yeah.

I’ve decided to go on a bit of a relationship sabbatical. Notice, I said relationship – not dating. I plan on dating. A lot. But I don’t really want to deal with relationship crap for a while. Since the last blog, I've broken up with the guy. And good riddance. I honestly can't believe I tried to make it work for as long as I did. So anyone (guys, I should clarify haha) wanting a NCMO, give me a call. I’m in the mood. If you are in it for a relationship, it’s your own risk because I don’t want one right now.

If any of you have seen the movie Juno, you’ll recognize this quote. This is what I’m looking for.

“The best thing you can do is find the person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome… The right person is still going to think the sun shines out of your ass. That’s the kind of person that’s worth sticking with.”

I find myself wondering a lot lately about why on earth I’m continuing to live in Utah when this is not where I want to be. And I have no answer for it. So because of that, I’m thinking that I may take my sister up on her offer to live with her for a while. That would mean I’d be moving to good ole ARIZONA!! I was thinking I could move there, live with my sister for free for a while I finish my schooling at Arizona State (yes, I mean going for my Masters eventually) I’d need to live there for a while to get residency though.

AND that would get me out of Utah (YAY! All my Utah friends, you know I love you) and maybe I could meet some nice Arizona boys. Seeing as I have never really wanted to settle in Utah, moving would be a good idea. Hopefully I’ll find a guy who likes to move as much as I do. Haha! The statistics are actually in my favor to meet a nice guy there. The men to women ratio is great. A lot more men than women. Woo-hoo! Oooh! My Arizona friends who read this…start setting up dates for me!!

If I decide to move, (I’m really leaning towards it) it could be a soon as May, or as late as July or August. So if you want to see me and play Utah people, you’d better give me a call quick!!

I’ve realized that I’ve been waiting for life to happen for me. To take me to different places or adventures. And as cliché as is sounds, I’m not going to wait around any more. I’ll make my life what it should be. Because I’ve got a heck of a lot more potential for things than I’ve let myself believe. I am beautiful, strong and smart, spirited and talented. And I’ve been wasting it by believing I was ordinary.

2 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Good for you! 'UGH' though; don't you just hate the dating aspect? Seriously, I was shoutin' the hallelujahs from the rooftops when I got married! There were definitely frustrating times previous though. I definitely swore off the male gender for quite a while (more than once)! Good luck with all your new life decisions though; sounds exciting.

Unknown said...

Amen to that!!! I'm so proud of you Janae! You DO have so much potential! We seriously need to get together for lunch before your leave. I know that I've said that a million times, and then we never actually plan anything - sorry I'm such a deadbeat friend! Since I've been married I've sortof abandoned all of my friends - what can I say - I'm just a hermit!
If your last relationship was that bad, then I'm so glad that you had the courage to end it and move on, as hard as that can be. You truly deserve a GREAT guy! I'm talkin' Edward Cullen! Maybe he is in Arizona! Keep us all updated, and I really will call you next week so that we can plan something. I miss you!!!!!!